1. What are cookies?
A cookie is a file which is downloaded to your computer when you browse certain websites. Cookies allow a website, among other things, to store and recover information about the browsing habits of a user or their devices and, depending on the information that they contain and the way in which those devices are used, can be used to recognise the user.
2. What type of cookies does pazodelis.com use?
- Technical cookies which allow the user to browse a website, platform or application and to use the various options and services on it such as, for example, control of the transfer and communication of data, session identification, access to restricted sections, recording of the elements of a request, completing the purchase process, requests for registration or participation in an event, use of security features during browsing, storage of content for the dissemination of videos or sound over social media.
- Personalisation cookies: they allow the user to access a service with some general characteristics pre-defined according to a series of parameters on the user’s device such as language, browser used to access the service, regional settings for the location from which the user accesses the service, etc.
- Analysis cookies: they allow the monitoring and analysis of the browsing behaviour of users on websites to which they are linked. The information gathered by this type of cookie is used for the measurement of activity on websites, applications or platforms and to make browsing profiles of the users of those sites, applications or platforms, in order to improve the analysis of data concerning usage by users of the service.
In addition, when we put YouTube.com videos on our website, that platform installs cookies to manage the advertising shown with the videos. This also happens when we link to images from other websites. To allow you to follow us on social media such as Facebook, Linkedin, Google+ or Twitter we use applets (widgets) provided by WordPress. These applets or cookies may allow third parties (such as Facebook or Google) to recognise that the user has accessed our website and they may use that information to show them advertising for related products or services.
- WordPress: a platform owned by Automattic, a US company. These are analysis cookies for the production of website statistics and analysis.
- Gravatar: a service owned by Automattic, which allows users to register an account based on their email address and to generate an avatar associated with that account.
- Google Analytics: a web analytics service owned by Google Inc., which allows us to recognise the use that visitors make of our website, their geographic origin, etc. These are analysis cookies for the production of website statistics and analysis.
Specificially, we use the following WordPress cookies:
|wordpress-logged||2 years||Control of user login|
|wordpress-test-cookie||2 years||Control of cookies|
|wp-settings-1||User interface personalisation|
|woocommerce_cart_hash||Session||Allows operation of shopping basket|
|woocommerce_items_in_cart||Session||Recognises whether you have added products to your basket.|
|wp_woocommerce_session_||Unique user identifier|
We use the following Google cookies:
|_ga||2 years||Used to identify users|
|__utmt||10 minutes||Used to limit the percentage of requests.|
|__utmc||End o of browser session||Not used in ga.js. Set up to interact with urchin.js. Previously, this cookie acted together with the __utmb cookie to determine whether the user was setting up a new session or visit.|
|__utmv||Two years from set up or updating.||Used to store data concerning personalised variables of a visitor. This cookie is created when a programmer uses the _setCustomVar method with a personalised variable for the visitor. The withdrawn _setCustomVar method was also used. The cookie is updated each time data are sent to Google Anlaytics.|
Cookie use notice tool on the website uses the following cookies:
|PREF||youtube.com||Stores YouTube user preferences||2 years||HTTP|
|VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE||youtube.com||Attempts to estimate the bandwidth of sites that embed YouTube videos||8 months||HTTP|
|yt-player-volume||youtube.com||Stores the preferences of the user’s video player for viewing embedded YouTube videos.||Persistent||HTML|
|YSC||youtube.com||Used by TouTube to monitor user preferences for viewing embedded YouTube videos||Session||HTTP|
YouTube.com shows advertising in its videos for which it may also use the following services which use advertising cookies or compartmental advertising:
- Google Adsense, this is a Google Inc. service for the publication of Google advertisements aimed at the websites on which it is used.
- DoubleClick, is a Google Inc. service that offers technology products and services that are principally sold to advertising agencies and media businesses to allow customers to generate objective traffic and provide and present information on their interactive advertising campaigns.
3. How to manage cookies on your device:
- Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/es/home
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=es
- Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/ph/807/es-es
- Safari: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677?viewlocale=es_ES
- Opera: http://help.opera.com/Windows/8.54/es-ES/index.html